Leather SD Memory Card Wallet

WAIT! I just looked at the link soooo cool that its had an sd reader built in! I haven’t seen that one. Might have to pick that up -hmmm will it be here by thursday …

3 Likes

Yes the SD card reader is the key feature on that one. Unfortunately my cameras have an SD card slot and a compact flash slot. It makes backups more challenging. Unfortunately one of them has a bent pin so I have not kept up with compact flash since I stopped using the D70.

Amazon Prime :wink:

2 Likes

This is great! I may make one of these for my Nintendo Switch games. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting solution! I keep 3 copies on destination trips :frowning: temp LR Catalog on hard drive, which makes a copy to an external HD and then the SD card is locked and not reused. The laptop and external HD make the trip back in my carry-on and the SD cards get stuck in a checked bag.

And @markwarfel : I’m not sure if you plan on bringing a lot of batteries, but I bring a ton of rechargeable AA/AAA batteries for flashes, triggers, etc. You can get battery cases really cheap on Amazon. For me, fresh/good batteries point left (+) in the case - when they’ve been used, they point right.

2 Likes

Fall is here and it’s starting to get cold, make sure you pack some warm things :slight_smile:
I recommend driving the south coast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome suggestion on the batteries! - may have to pick one up (or make one) and will have to utilize that system. I normally carry one extra set because I don’t tend to use my flash all that much and my remote shutter release / intervalometer has never had batteries die. I keep and extra set around just in case but its been going 3 years strong.

The LR Catalog doesn’t contain images. Just a pointer to the image on your disk, metadata of the original image, metadata you add, and any changes to the image made in LR. So you only have 2 copies.

Maybe you meant you copy the image directory to an external hard drive?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/lightroom-catalog-basics.html

This would be true by default. Click the 3rd tick box below on your import dialog:

09 AM

3 Likes