Leather stamp from acrylic

this is a cool mask! I love your idea of using a cuttlebug for embossing. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Would you share a pic of the stamp? We can’t discuss non-PG settings here, but they do have the “deep engrave” option now, so just wondering what it took…

I used PG settings (ha!) but set the engrave to 3 passes. I was too lazy to go in and change the focus each time (and also, with my crummy connection lately, once I get my GF talking to the wifi I kind of hate to interrupt it!)

I used medium PG, so I didn’t have the deep engrave option.

I’ll grab a photo of the stamp in a few – gotta get the Gkid going on her school lessons first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No rush, just curious.

“Deep Engrave” is just two passes at normal 3D engrave setting. Three passes should be “extra” deep!

1 Like

Here ya go:

5 Likes

I’ve found you don’t have to go all that deep, and even at really small sizes the detail holds. Even if some of the edges get melty, leather’s a pretty forgiving medium.

3 Likes

Ok you rock! This is freaking awesome! :clap:t2:

2 Likes

How do you reverse engrave?

You flip the image in your design app or the UI.

1 Like

Hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong cause all that does is flip the image not what’s to be engraved

For that you need to invert the colors in your design app. White on black, vs black on white.

1 Like

Right on. Thanks. I see if I can do that.

Oh, if you’re wanting to invert the colors of the image, you do that in a photo-editing program. I’m a Mac user, so I do it in Preview, so I can tell you how to do it in that, if it helps. Just pop out the “adjust colors” window, grab the slider on the far right (white) end and slide it left, then grab the far left one and slide it right. You’re basically just reversing their positions.

For other editing software, you’ll have to look up “invert colors” in the help files. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You don’t mention your design app., but in Inkscape it’s Filters/Color/Invert, and Invert lightness.

Obviously if it’s a vector image, you need to put a bounding shape around it to invert the engrave areas.

1 Like

Yes I am using Inkscape. I’m new at all this designing thing. Thank you

1 Like

I’m using Mac. Is preview a Program on Mac?

1 Like

Yes. The default image-viewing program that comes up whenever you double-click on an image file.

1 Like

Wow. I missed this when you first posted. That came out fantastic.

1 Like