Leather Wallet from scratch

Yes! It’s got me excited to try more leathercraft items. Field Guide next I think.

2 Likes

I really want to play with leather, but I am hesitant just because I have never done it before and I am afraid I will mess it up…

I really just need to jump in and play with it, but I want to find some “cheap” material to play with first, before I mess up an expensive piece…

2 Likes

I bought a 30cm by 30cm piece from Amazon and it has made two AirTag cases and two wallets. Very hard ot go wrong with £10! This is what I bought: https://amzn.to/3cwGOJl

3 Likes

Thanks! I keep looking at Amazon, but just didn’t know where to start. I will check out that link.

3 Likes

Looks so nice.I never thought of honey wax. I have a couple of machete type knives that I’m going to put handles on and was thinking of making a scabbard/carrier. They came with black nylon sheathes but I thought something nicer.

2 Likes

Try Tandy leather. They have some nice sales. And if there is one in your town, they often sell scraps.

4 Likes

Nicely done. I’ve done a bit with leather, but keep thinking I should do a few practical projects, too.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I have a Tandy Leather store just 30 minutes away in the next town. I will have to check them out.

2 Likes

This is my experience, too. I’m currently working on a yearlong project making personalized leather luggage tags for all of the women in our congregation for their birthdays (15-20 per month). It involves a lot of engraving, and it is so stinky I can barely stand to be in the same room. Just nine months to go. :neutral_face:

This is a lovely wallet! Great work!

2 Likes

Start with a large project.
If it fails, tear it down and reuse the materials with another, albeit smaller one.
If it fails… Well, you get the idea.

7 Likes

Great idea

1 Like

great Job. Nice