LED floating wall art

omg this is the best thing I have ever seen. I just got my GF pro and am now envisioning all the amazing projects to fill my house now :slight_smile: wow

2 Likes

Oh goodness, thank you so much. I’m glad it may inspire you to make your own great art, and I can’t wait to see it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Did you draw the skeleton design yourself, or did you buy it from somewhere? Really love it, but can’t find it anywhere! Not sure if I’m allowed to ask but really want to know!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Since you are uncertain about file policies, I will share the forum rules here: FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

The short version is that it is not allowed to ask for files. If a designer wishes to share their file they post in the Free Laser File section of the forum. If a designer sells their file they usually share their commercial information in their profile.

6 Likes

Thanks @kittski for sharing your work, inspiring and educating us on your technique.
This post and the response form fellow glowfriends embodies the spirit of this community. Thank you.

8 Likes

Hi nicki.courtney I’m so flattered that you like it, and thanks for the kind words. I drew this myself and have never offered the artwork to others, so if you did/do find the file for it somewhere, it would mean someone stole it from me and is taking money out of my pocket. (So I’m really glad to hear you haven’t been able to find it anywhere! :laughing:) But if I do ever decide to offer it, I’ll let you know!

And if it helps; I drew a dog skeleton in my design program and made each bone an individual layer so I could rotate and position them into whatever position I needed. Then I drew the dog outline and moved the skeleton pieces around like a puzzle until they were where I needed them. And to make it easier, you can find basic skeleton images online that you can trace so you don’t have to start from scratch. It was a tedious process, but not that technically difficult.

4 Likes