Leftover acrylic brainstorming

Take a look at Galaxy plastic,com He has over 100 colors of acrylic. He will send you samples 2 inch x 2 inch ,tell them that i sent you

1 Like

I converted an Epson printer by switching out the ink cartridges and using sublimation inks. You also need a special paper, which is pretty cheap. If you have an ecotank printer is easier because you just need the ink (the ink is decently affordable too if you compare them to buying name brand cartridges for other inkjet printers.

And you need heat. I have a cheap heatpress.

Cricut is getting into sublimation now too. They call it Infusible Inks. They even sell a mug press now. I only mention them because it’s easier to find items to sublimate now instead of ordering things online.

You can only sublimate man-made items that include poly-stuff, like polyester. The mugs have a special poly-based coating. Acrylic can be sublimated, some wood with the right coating, I have a white hardboard that sublimates well.

I remember this thread when we talked about mugs; it had a lot of good info.

9 Likes

Even if you went that small, you can pull out the crumb tray when you’re done and dump the pieces out - especially easy if you make sure to dump it out and clean it before you begin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I had read about changing inks. I’ve tried the Cricut product once but would rather print. I may need to check into this!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.