Legends of Elsewhere - Carmen Sandiego suitcase

Hi everyone! I’m not sure what it was that reminded me of Carmen Sandiego, but it was one of my favorite games/franchises as a kid and it fueled in me a love of geography and worldly travel…unfortunately, it didn’t pay for it, though :slight_smile:

I thought to myself “I wonder if they still have them or if I can play them somewhere” so I searched and I didn’t search long but found a mini-game in the Google Earth app. Of course I had to play it and got all giddy and nostalgic. I decided to do something special and made her in to a traveling suitcase with customs/immigration labels from around the world. Pull up on the handle, out comes her stash of loot that she would be likely to steal (The Crown Jewels, Big Ben, Mozart’s Violin, The Mona Lisa, and The Rosetta Stone, sorry about the shadows in the photos).

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

46 Likes

Again, you have captured this perfectly with images and terrific coloring.

3 Likes

Wow, each of your designs is better than the last one. I love the suitcase and the way you made it latch open, very inventive. Can’t wait to see what is next.

5 Likes

Beautiful work. Now I have that song stuck in my head!

5 Likes

Super cute! I love those tiny travel stickers.

4 Likes

Your work is so impressive

3 Likes

I thought I loved the past creations but this one e is so nostalgic! Is Magic school bus next?

5 Likes

Love this one especially!

2 Likes

These never cease to amaze me. Once again, very well done!

1 Like

Awesome. Until next time, do it Rockapella!

1 Like

Possibly a re-visitation, I already did a regular Ms. Frizzle but had an open path somewhere so I DO need to re-do her eventually, so I may be inspired to do something different when/if I do.

3 Likes

Awesome! Our kids used to play Carmen Santiago … thanks for the memories.

3 Likes

And here 2 months later, just LOOK at what I found streaming on Paramount+ And yes, I DID hit that Watch Now and yes my face lit up during the intro like a child just given a puppy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Too funny!!!

1 Like