Legends of Elsewhere - Hagrid

With fall upon us and me pondering various types and styles of doors, I decided to try making something stone/dark wood and resembling the door of Hagrid’s hut, with him of course behind. No locking latch on this, but redesigned the handle to be a free-swinging ring-handle. And it wouldn’t have been complete without the lovable hound Fang, coming up from behind some pumpkins, freshly picked from the patch, to investigate all who visit.

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

53 Likes

Very cool…as usual!

2 Likes

Very nice I love fang guarding the door.

4 Likes

This is great! Love the pumpkins.

2 Likes

Just perfect!

1 Like

I am loving the door series! This one is so fitting it hurts! Always a joy to see these from you.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to ask, what are you using for the coloring?

1 Like

Gorgeous as always.

Mostly Sharpies or Amazon Basic permanent markers and plain ol’ Crayola washable markers. Colors darken and brown up a little when the ink soaks in to the draftboard, so for lighter colors like white and peach, I use colored pencil. Lots of experimenting on scrap pieces and layering different colors to get the shade I’m trying to hit.

2 Likes

Have you tried paint pens at all?

1 Like

There was one project I tried a white paint pen on a while back, and I don’t know if i went too quick or applied too thick or something but it ended up with streaks and uneven texture and I just wasn’t happy with it. I’ve seen others use acrylic pens on stuff with what I would consider beautiful results, so it’s probably just paint and I not working well together in general!

2 Likes

It would also depend on if it’s a Acrylic paint pen or an Oil based paint pen. The oil based ones tend to be pretty hard to control

1 Like

You have absolutely the best “eye” for choosing the correct colors —- for your chosen theme. I love this project!!

Instantly when I saw your thread —— I thought about this website.

I would really appreciate your opinion on a project.

What Color Palette and Color Scheme would you choose? I like a very fun whimsical palette. No earth colors, brown, beige or drab colors.

Instead of three Westies there are a dozen cartoon Westies laying on 3 sofas. The sofas are identical in style and the same color—-pure white.

As a Thank you for your time and if I really love your choice ——I will send you a $25 Amazon card!!

1 Like

Hmmm. Fun and whimsical with a starting base of three white sofas, it could go so many directions. Blue/Purple, Yellow/purple/bright green, yellow/orange/blue I think would all be good combinations to consider. A lot of it depends on objects included in the backgrounds, how separated I can get colors (hate when pieces are clearly lopsided with WAY too much of one color on one side), who I’m making it for if I have someone in mind, etc.

Best of luck on your decision!

2 Likes

I want you to go to the website and pick a palette and scheme. I believe you could be the only one to do this. I have seen hundreds of submissions. This is the first time I have ever seen a submission that was perfection when it came to choosing the colors.

Love that you included fang!

2 Likes