Legends of Elsewhere - Tinkerbell

Hi everyone! After doing the Hobbit hole, I decided I wanted to try a fairy door. But of course, I can’t just do a simple fairy door. I have to put a fairy in it. What fairy is more legendary than Tink? But I have a confession…I’ve never been a big fan of Disney’s Tinkerbell. So I found a fairy I did like, gave her a haircut, and for all we know, this is what Tink really looks like, right?

Instead of dealing with hinges, I mounted the doors on the front edges of turn tables in the base that rotate the doors out of the way when turned from the back. There are slots in the back that allow the doors to stick out the back when fully opened, otherwise it would have been really deep (and dark). The size of the front opening keeps the doors from rotating open too far.

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

34 Likes

Wow!!! Those doors are super creative!!! I really like how they open!

1 Like

How much more imaginative can you get?!! Doors that now rotate? You are ingenious! The fairy came out really cute, but my first impression was that she was sitting on the potty and someone just opened the door on her!! I’m sorry about that - must be all the commercials I’ve been seeing lately! But I love this - as I do all of your Legends series. You’re the best!

6 Likes

HAHA! I HATE those commercials!!!

1 Like

I love that the top down view you can see the tree’s growth circles! :heart:

Tink is a truly wicked character, you’ve done a great job here!

This is truly a stellar creation!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That was my first impression too!
Also love the rotation of the doors on such a fancy outhouse!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Love it

Very cute and love the new door design. You are very ingenious. Can’t wait to see what’s next.