Lego Journal

This would have been so much easier with a laser. With the Glowforge I could have traced the legos to cut holes for them, and I could have made it from wood instead of bookboard. Full instructions here.

57 Likes

This Lego journal is super fun. You make wonderful things. Thanks for the Instructables link!

4 Likes

Awesome design AND step-by-step instruction?!
Holy heck! Youā€™re my frickinā€™ hero! WOW!
Where have you been all this time?!

3 Likes

Thanks! Honestly, Iā€™ve just arrived because I didnā€™t really want to lurk on a forum for a laser I wouldnā€™t have anytime soon. It was depressing. Now that production units are shipping, itā€™s less depressing and Iā€™m ready to share.

14 Likes

I can understand that. But I hope youā€™ll fine thereā€™s an awful lot of talented and smart people here. Iā€™ve learned tons from them over the past months. WELCOME!!! Iā€™ll say it again, I canā€™t wait until you get your Glowforge to see what magic youā€™ll wield! And thanks SO much for sharing!

4 Likes

Wow! Longtime bookbinder here and very impressed. Looks like you got nice clean embeds within the bookcloth, which can be really hard. Those are some nice edges! Iā€™d rave more specifically but currently suffering from babylapsy (multiple parts paralyzed by having a baby sleeping on them. See: catalapsy, i.e. cat-on-lap paralysis).

12 Likes

Thanks. Those embedded pieces were particularly difficult with a boxcutter considering the depth I needed. I would never want to do it again. Until I get my laser that is.

6 Likes

I really appreciate the wonderful projects youā€™ve been posting here lately!

8 Likes

@brooklyntonia - I LOVE all of your projects that you are sharing! :grin:

1 Like

ā€˜Legoā€™ or ā€˜Lego blocksā€™ :wink:

Neither. Theyā€™re ā€œLEGOĀ® bricks.ā€ :wink:

But Iā€™m still calling my laser cutter a Glowforge.
Iā€™m still calling my cotton swabs Q-Tips.
Iā€™m still calling my waffles Eggos.
Iā€™m still calling my adhesive bandages Band-Aids.
Andā€¦ Iā€™m still calling my LEGOĀ® bricksā€¦ Legos.

10 Likes

Anarchist!

7 Likes