Length of electrical cord?

50’ and I could plug it into one of the neighbors’ outdoor plugs…

3 Likes

I’m really glad this question was asked & the swappable cord was mentioned. Mine is going in the garage and the outlet nearest that spot is shared with a circuit inside the house, and there happens to be a reef aquarium on that circuit, but about 15’ away I have an empty 20 amp circuit. Glad to know I can make that run without an extension cord in the mix.

Hmm, I might have an issue in the summer running the AC and GF in the same room. I already had issues with the 3d printer heating up and the AC running. I might have to put the AC on another circuit.

The linked 50’ cord is 10Amp. So not going to work.

It will for the original post. She only had the Basic (800 watts).

Ah, yes that would work there. Comes out just over 7 Amps for basic with no filter.

And I’d guess that the filter & GF would have separate power cords too. @dan - can you confirm?

Of course I’m just joking with the 50’ length, but there are some longer, yet not ridiculously long cords on there.

I had a similar issue with my dining room in my old house. The light would sometimes not work. I started tracing the circuit and found a junction box in the basement where the wire nuts had melted through and it was shorting to the box.

The GlowForge marketing makes a big deal about the system having a single cord and a single button. That leads me to believe the filter will draw its power from its connection to the GF without its own cord.

@caribis2: The power is on the back, on the right (as you face it from the front).
@johnwillis: The filter does have it’s own cord.

Thanks for the correction @dan . Is the filter’s power cord also on the right?