Let them eat cake!

Thanks to everyone who helped on my standoff question the other day. It was for this sign. It’s a gift for my cousin who just opened her own bakery after working for years to make her dream come true. It is meant to double as a display for some cake toppers I made for her to have on hand as impulse buys.

And a paper cake topper I made for her a few weeks ago…

43 Likes

I think this counts as a practical cut too, a great mix of form and function.

2 Likes

FYI, there are also a few generic script birthday toppers (designed from scratch):

18 Likes

She needs to hire you to provide cake toppers for the biz! :grinning:

6 Likes

Those are great! Love the toppers!

3 Likes

That turned out great!

2 Likes

Hah. I don’t really want to get into the cake topper business, but she basically has. These are on consignment with her because she’s got enough expenses and we just want to see if they sell. But now and again a cake client needs a topper and she sends the work my way. It’s too much work for the profit margin, but I enjoy doing it. I figure that unless they are super custom, they designs will go on Etsy shortly.

Apparently someone just asked for a “Sh!t just got real” topper for their wedding. Whatever. I can make whatever you need!

10 Likes

Thank you! I’m having so much fun with the small, emoji-style toppers. She sells, these little cakes (maybe 4")and they are just the right size for them.

4 Likes

That is awesome!

2 Likes

Such a unique sign design! It really came out great with those standoffs. I’m with the rest of the gang: those cake toppers are the bomb.

4 Likes

The sign is a real beauty…and the whole darn ‘suite’ is fabulous. That will be fun to make things that just give you a kick without worrying about being in business and all the stuff that comes with it.

3 Likes

I bet your cousin is thrilled! :cupcake:

2 Likes

The sign looks awesome, and I love the cake toppers!

1 Like

She was pretty psyched. :slight_smile:

1 Like