Letter board Worksheet Generator

Can you use emojis also? Might be fun to make a board where the sentences are in emojis.

1 Like

:thinking: thats a really interesting idea that I had not considered! On windows I can use windows key + . to insert one and it sort of works. Its not exactly what I was expecting though. I am using the font Railway Dots and it would be up to if that font has implemented the given emoji. It appears it does not implement any of them.

1 Like

Perhaps a different? Since it would be all emojis, the text font wouldnā€™t matter, would it?

Niceā€¦ Thanks

1 Like

This is nice however when I save as svg my letters dont save with the dashes and I used inkscape. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

1 Like

Hey kflittlejohn! Hmm Iā€™m not sure. Maybe an issue with the font family not loading. If you select the text what font family does it say is used? It should say railway dots. If it doesnā€™t you could try manually adding it to Inkscape.

@kflittlejohn I am setting up a new computer today and thought of your comment. I tried downloading the svg from my generator and got what you got. It appears the font needs to be installed. I must have installed it on my other machine at somepoint and forgotten about it. You can install Raleway Dots for free by going here : Google Fonts . Once you have downloaded it, open the folder and double click the ttf file. Windows should show a font preview screen with an install button. Once its installed it should show up as expected. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

thanks very helpful

1 Like

this is awesome! thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I have made a few of these for my nieces and nephew. However, I was wondering if it is possible to do one for practicing cursive for the older children?

1 Like

Awesome! To make cursive ones it would require having a font that is both cursive and dotted. I donā€™t currently have a font like that but I think it could be a cool enhancement so I will keep my eye out for one.

1 Like

what size did you make your boards?
Thank You

1 Like

The svg defaults to 8.3ā€ x 8.3ā€ but since itā€™s a vector you could scale it to any size you like.

1 Like

Hi, this turned out fabulous. My grandson is starting to write ~ Is there a file for a cursive alphabet as well?

1 Like

I love this! Is there a way to change the font? Specifically a Zaner-Bloser font for handwriting and with the middle dotted line either removed or aligning with the top of the lowercase letters. I teach an elementary Special Ed class so I need it to match what I teach. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you download the file, you can open it in Inkscape and change the text however you wish. Then covert to paths and you should be good to go. Did you watch the video to see how to do that?

3 Likes