Levitada ~ a tool designed for us

I just felt a disturbance in the forum! :hushed: … It grows stronger :sunglasses:

Great idea! Very generous of you!

7 Likes

My aunt is an opera singer and music teacher. At her suggestion, I just added a set of categories for “lessons” and “performances” under the “Service” category suggested by markevans36301.

11 Likes

Thanks for the site.
I just confirmed my email, Thanks.

1 Like

Signed up and email confirmed. Great idea, congrats!!

Very cool! I’m an OLY artist, but I haven’t really connected with any local orgs. I’m a bit of a hermit and definitely an introvert. Because of this, when I do donate work/supplies/etc., it’s usually to causes or orgs that I know (or those that reach out to me). I’d love to have a way to connect with local groups.

I’ll make that commitment, right here and now. In fact, I’m kind of kicking myself… just committed to donating a ton of my older masks and costume pieces to a clown camp down in CA. If I’d thought about that a little longer, I would have offered to donate some to POSC as well.

Last but not least, would you consider adding “leather” to the materials section?

4 Likes

Yeah! I feel bad that I didn’t know that 'til yesterday. I clicked on your avatar and went to your site - GORGEOUS work! As for the “hermit” thing - me too. It’s going to take a lot of work for me to reach out to local groups, hoping I’ll be able to do most of that online (will take the plunge and make a FB pg), but I’m bracing myself for possibly having to meet face to face with real people. Dammit, Jim, I’m a Software Engineer - not a Salesman!

Thanks! Please post just one thing on Levitada marked “for charity only”. I’m really looking forward to getting some real artists like yourself, with really beautiful stuff to post a few items. My little polymer clay things are, well, not “great art”.

fyi - there’s an Olympia Art League I recently joined (http://olympiaartleague.com/). My plan is to contact their leadership who seem to be much more people-oriented and PR-capable than myself. Hopefully, if I can get them to feel the Levitada Love, I can stay in my comfort zone of doing the tech work and let them deal with “people”.

Done! The “categories” are a work in progress, so suggestions are always welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What? No “Death Fabric”? :smile:

4 Likes

you joke, but today is SPAM day in the office and we had moderately serious discussions about using SPAM as an art medium, making sculptures out of it… so, try as you might, it will be difficult for anyone on this forum to “out-weird” the people I work with. :nerd:

6 Likes

For your work?! I would give you your own page! :+1:

3 Likes

Site is very out of date (I’m honestly a bit embarrassed by it right now) but thank you!:blush:

LOL, yes. The struggle is real.

3 Likes

understood - but your “old and embarrassing” stuff is miles above what I hope to be able to do someday. I hope Levitada serves as a place for those very things - the items I give to my mom who just loves all my “rejects” (she’s my MOM!). My coworkers used to get the “rejects” too, and I sell the better stuff on Etsy.

Of course, now with this forum as a potential audience for my “rejects” I want to give away only my best stuff, because even my best stuff is shamefully pathetic compared to the artistry here. but, on the bright side, you are all an inspiration for me to keep at it, to get better.

it is not about
making great art ~ it’s about
art making life great

[I keep repeating that to myself!]

5 Likes

I just created a “Masks and Costumes” category. It’s not quite Jewelry and too beautiful to go under Clothing, and not quite a Toy, so a whole category just for Drea and folks like her :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Outstanding:+1::sunglasses:
I’ve got a feeling your idea will flourish!

1 Like

Aww, too cool! And FWIW, there are quite a few folks like me here… mask makers, costume designers, cosplayers, prop makers. Several are far more talented (yet quieter) than I! Perhaps your new category will draw some of them out.

3 Likes

Ahem. I beg to differ. Don’t sell yourself short!

7 Likes

Artists commonly do that, they are the most critical of their work… and I agree!

7 Likes

How is it pronounced? I want to be right since this is going to be a household word in a couple years… I’m hearing “levi” from levitate and then… TA_DA!
I’m excited to be among the first users.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking it as lev-ee-ta-da.

2 Likes

That anything like levi-OH-sah? :wink:

10 Likes

Put yer wand away and play with your laser. :wink:

8 Likes