The epoxy on the hinge side of my lid gave out. Hope the JB Weld epoxy does the trick. Seems odd Glowforge is relying on just glue to hold up to the torque of the hinges. I think a metal frame bolted to the hinges would be a more permanent solution.
Side note: This is the only major problem I’ve had in six years. This was a preorder Pro model, bought it in 2015.
Sorry you have this to deal with. Each time I use mine, I wonder how much longer before the lid gives way.
Had the same issue about 2 years ago on my pro, so far the 2 part clear epoxy I used seems to be holding up… Good luck !!
It wasn’t too much of a hassle to glue it back up. If anything it’s stronger than from the factory now I think as I used an entire tube of JB Clear Weld 2-part epoxy.