Light on Splash Page

Does anyone know if there are files available for a fee or free for this light that is shown on the website splash page? Thanks.

7 Likes

Conveniently, you’re not the first to ask this question!

(the whole thread is worth reading, but this is the one with the file in the middle)

12 Likes

Thank you. New to the community and just placed an order for the Pro.

8 Likes

They only officially released a few of their advertising designs, and a few more have been recreated by forum members. This place right here is the best accessory that :glowforge: has :slight_smile:

If you already design in vectors and rasters - great! If not, use this time before your new Pro arrives to figure out a program for each. The recommended, and free, vector program is Inkscape. I adore it - other’s hate it :slight_smile: For rasters I use GetPaint.net, and I know GIMP is also popular.

Also, when your Pro arrives you will 100% want to dive right in. Do yourself a huge favor and dive into the First Prints section of the support page. It’ll both teach you the ins and outs of the :glowforge: in particular, but also the terminology and tips and tricks you’ll see mentioned off hand here so often!

Welcome :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing what you make :smiley:

14 Likes

This!^^

13 Likes

How much do you think it would cost in Proofgrade? $200

8 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate it.

5 Likes

Nice looking, but a bunch of sheets there. I hadn’t looked at the prices since Cherry ply was $16 each. :astonished: The :proofgrade: stuff is great to ‘get er done’ quick, but one could save a bunch buying from a lumber yard and finishing it yourself.

15 Likes

I figure 8 per sheet near11" per and 28 used so it is possibe to do in 4 sheets or one 20x48 sheet. Bigger could take up to 30 sheets.
:thinking:

9 Likes

The eternal question of modern life, do I spend my time or my money?

11 Likes

That’s a good way to put it.

7 Likes

Usually both.

3 Likes

Yes, just a question of focus.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.