Lighted Canvas Engrave Over Paint

So it looks like folks are interested in engraved canvas so I’ll share mine. This is a portrait of my husband I engraved over black painted canvas with a bit of gold splatter and backlit with fairy lights. I call it the celestial shaman :laughing:

42 Likes

That turned out really cool. Thanks for sharing your process!

6 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

Neat idea to backlight a canvas, and the gold flecks just make the whole thing come together!

3 Likes

Great idea! Inspirational !

3 Likes

Came out looking awesome.

I gave up on canvas. Too easy to have an oopsie. The painted resource concept, however, produces exciting results on MDF as well.

2 Likes

Wow, the backlighting adds so much! I can almost feel the eyes following me…

2 Likes

Impressive turnout!

what settings did you use?

Of course I didn’t save them and going back to it didn’t bring them up, but I’m fairly certain I went with 225 and 30 power at 1000 speed, just enough to burn away the paint but not get much of the canvas. Basic machine.

1 Like

Response pointed at the wrong person, since I know not to ask for parameters in Made On.
Easy to fix, just say @tracyforrow three times and they will pop in.

My bad! I was replying using email, which I’m unfamiliar with, so into the ether it goes and I hope for the best. Thanks for being a cool guy.

3 Likes

What program did you use to get the image of your husband switched to an svg file?

While waiting for the OP to reply, I wanted to chime in and say that the file doesn’t have to be an SVG. This could very well have been a jpg that was engraved after preparation for the Glowforge.

2 Likes

This is correct. It’s just a JPG.