Lilliputian picnic table

Thank you for the share. It is obvious the project has wide appeal.

5 Likes

How do I get the zip to open? When I downloaded and then tried to open, it was blank. Please tell me what I’m not doing right.
Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Can’t tell you what you’re doing wrong. The SVG is in the ZIP file. ZIP should be 2,235 bytes, SVG expands out to 18,316 bytes.

4 Likes

Did the same thing to me. It “appeared” to be blank. I opened the file in Inkscape and changed the stroke settings to 0.100 and it showed up.

4 Likes

Sorry for the confusion. Please try this version with the line width set to 0.1mm.
Picnic Table Cut.zip (2.1 KB)

4 Likes

What thickness are you using to get the correct fitment? I must be using the wrong wood thickness. It is not very snugged

4 Likes

Adorable!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! It looks like the author used Proofgrade Draftboard. The design is scaled to the PG thickness (which escaped me for the moment, but it’s nominal 0.125"). If you are using a different material and/or thickness, you will have to make adjustments to the pattern

6 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome. I much appreciate the response as well.

6 Likes

I made one from Light Cherry Proofgrade plywood (it’s thinner so I had to use glue). It came out great and the wildlife on our deck are big fans, as long as you load it with peanuts.

21 Likes

Wow…your table is popular with everyone. Very cute.

8 Likes

thanks for sharing those photos. That is such a cute setup! Plus, I live on the west coast now, and it’s nice to see cardinals and blue jay again.

9 Likes

Cool!
Imagine, if you set up the background right it would look like a normal picnic table visited by chipmunks the size of grizzly bears!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

My only question is why 1:10?

3 Likes

Great. Thank you.

4 Likes

I made one to go with a wedding gift. the couple were getting married at an old sawmill and the reception was on picnic tables. I put their initials on the table top.

19 Likes

Love that idea! Like they carved their initials - brilliant!

6 Likes

Sorry for the very late reply. I am trying to simulate the correct proportions of 2x6 lumber, which is 1.5” thick, about 12 times the thickness of drafboard, and I simply rounded it to 1:10 scale.

5 Likes

That makes sense!

3 Likes