"Little House on the Prairie" buildings

Using screenshots from the T.V. series, I tried to make the house and barn from Little House on the Prairie. Then figured I may as well try to put them on a little diorama.

I drew the files in Illustrator and cut them out of .125” MDF. For the texture on the walls (the bricks and clapboard siding) I engraved photos of bricks and wood paneling. I didn’t have to color them at all because the laser burned the glue in the MDF and gave it a nice, natural color. The chimney is a photo of stones engraved into a .125” x .125” Basswood stick , then colored with chalk pastels. The “shingles” are made from scrap book paper that I printed wavy lines onto then cut into strips on the laser and glued on. The people, horses, and wagon were store bought. The landscaping and ground cover is all made from “twigs” and foam - some homemade and some store bought.

92 Likes

As always, your work is amazing

6 Likes

I really like what you have done. I have tried to make tiny stuff and found that is a lot harder than it looks. Your skill is very impressive. :blush:

5 Likes

So impressive, thanks for sharing and inspiring!

4 Likes

This is so fantastic!! :clap:

4 Likes

Wonderful detail. I don’t know what you used for the hay/prairie grass, but it works!

5 Likes

That is some delicious texture, so realistic, and the chimney is amazing. Nice work.

3 Likes

Absolutely stunning. My favorite show as a child. Still love to watch old episodes.

2 Likes

Oh the memories! Nice job on the LHOTP.

4 Likes

One of my favorite book and TV series growing up. You nailed the house and barn. :clap:

2 Likes

Holy cow - so tiny! The chimney stonework is just amazing - what a clever way to render the realistic textures! Great project.

3 Likes

Wow, that is so amazing! It is just so beautifully done. I am left in awe…

4 Likes

Those details are amazing! I love seeing miniature model work.

3 Likes

Absolutely love it! Little House on the Prairie was always my favorite show. I love how you have Carrie running down the hill in the tall grass!

3 Likes

stunning

2 Likes

Love the details!

3 Likes

OH MAN… those are SO nicely done! I LOVE the look you achieved on the chimney!

1 Like

These are truly spectacular. You have quite a gift for the miniatures!!

1 Like

Be still, my beating heart. I love your tiny houses with the amazing detail!

Impressive. I wouldn’t have the patience for those tiny pieces.