Live Cat TV

This is just s silly one, but I thought folks might enjoy it. We recently adopted two Maine Coon cats (brothers), and they are just amazing cats. Can’t recommend the breed enough. Anyway, they enjoy watching cat tv on youtube (8 hrs of mice and birds flitting about…) so I thought I would make a real world version. I bought a bird feeder with suction cups that goes on the outside of a window. This one has a one way mirror so the birds are not disturbed when you get up close. They can’t see in.

I put our cat tree near it, and added a foam board bezel around it (on the inside of the glass) that was cut on the Glowforge. Hours of fun for them and for us…

53 Likes

Those are adorable kitties and your idea of literally making “Cat TV” is very creative and amusing. It made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

15 Likes

That is perfect (oh yeah, I wanted to say Perrrrfffect, but thought that is too cheesy). Our cats like to watch real TV and if I have a nature show on they have to sit right in front of it.

15 Likes

Great idea and love it. We had a Maine Coon his name was Pepsi. For the majority of his life he weighed 25 pounds. The only cat breed that resembles a dog’s personality. The love to fetch — crumble up a piece of paper and throw it across the room.

They can be very destructive because of their weight and jumping. If you have anything on a shelf that can be broken—-remove it.

A dog will become their best friend!!

I would carry Pepsi around the house and use his tail as a duster—he loved it.

I hoping you and your family have many wonderful years with the both of them.

13 Likes

Haha, that’s hilarious and the cats are beautiful!

8 Likes

I love it! What a great idea!

6 Likes

That’s pretty resourceful… :joy:

5 Likes

Adorable!

5 Likes

What fun for the cats! Good owner, good owner…

5 Likes

My son’s cat watches the critters on the back deck for hours, we too call it “cat tv.”

My own cat is sequestered in my bedroom (“owner’s suite”) and I turn on cat videos on YouTube for her every morning. She’s been known to walk over to the tv and stare at it while talking to me, to let me know she wants to watch a video!

Cat tax:

11 Likes

Happy anniversary Martha!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this idea and the cats are a handsome duo! Congrats!

3 Likes

We need more posts like this! Beautiful cats and very cute project!

Happy Cake Day @marthajackson1970 !!!

3 Likes

I have the same feeders for my cats and they absolutely love watching the birds eat. Love the addition of the TV…off to my GF to spoil my fur kids even more. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes