Living hinge and some leather work

Had a leather worker friend challenge me to make a bracelet he showed me a video of with my GF. I also found a phone stand on thingiverse.com that I customized. WAR EAGLE!!!

32 Likes

Both turned out great :slight_smile: if you want to get rid of the little fibers on the leather a quick pass with a lighter or torch will singe them off. I really like that living hinge design.

2 Likes

Nice! The bracelet is really cool looking! Was the video on YouTube? Can you share it here?

1 Like

sure.

5 Likes

thanks for the tip… I will have to try that.

Nice job on both! We don’t see very many living hinges out of acrylic on here. Yours looks very cool.

1 Like

It might be better to just sand the underside of the bracelet as it doesn’t add additional heat damage to the leather. Plus, it doesn’t make that burnt hair smell :slight_smile:

Love the acrylic phone stand with a living hinge!

And mystery braids–have been doing those bracelets for years (great way to use scraps, though I use thinner/refinished leathers)–I still just hand cut though, and faster than cleaning the soot off the edges… but cool it can be done on the GF! Also, I prefer punching a small hole at the end of each slit–looks more finished and makes getting the tight braid a wee bit easier, too!

1 Like