Lloyd Wright inspired candle holder/lantern

OK. Final free design files for the day.

I love the mission and prairie school of design. Lloyd Wright has always been one of my idols. Here is a latern I made about a week ago and forgot to post. Completely snap-together and made with PG Medium Walnut. The design is my take on the Tree of Life stained glass.

Have a great Saturday!

This is not for commerical use.

CandelHolderMissionDesign.pdf (775.5 KB)
CandelHolderMissionDesign

208 Likes

Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

8 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Wish I hadn’t seen that! (Which is a compliment because it means I can’t use it in the planter I’m working on.) :smile:

6 Likes

Oh, this is gorgeous. I have to make it for my brother-in-law who is a fan of FLW. I have to keep stocking up on walnut seeing as how you love to use it, and I love your designs! Thanks again for a wonderful and generous share.

5 Likes

Something that was in my work cue! I love this! Birthday design blow out!

5 Likes

LOL. Why not?

4 Likes

LOL. I am just sitting here having a good time. I have been so busy lately that I have been neglecting my design posts. Changed all that today. Coffee and GF what a great way to spend my birthday!

10 Likes

Too tempting. (i’m a huge fan of FLW too.)

5 Likes

I wish I could produce it in quater sawn oak to stick to the design asthetic. But Walnut is what I had on hand. LOL

4 Likes

MEEEE TOOOOO! Such amazing and well thought-out designs. I aspire to be on his level someday.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday! :birthday::tada:

Nice take on FLR! I especially like the double-wall effect on top. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks. They are not easy shoes to fill. Lol

3 Likes

Walnut is a lot less dirty. I just did a bunch of oak and had to do a major cleaning after.

4 Likes

Thank you !

3 Likes

Another beautiful project!!
Thank you!!

2 Likes

That is truly lovely…thank you for sharing this and all your other designs!

2 Likes

You are welcome.

I too like nice straight lines. Thank you for sharing your work.

2 Likes

You are welcome.