Local Bathymetric Map

This is just a smaller version of a bathymetric map that I’ve done in the past, but this time with cedar. Housewarming gift for someone who lives on this lake.

57 Likes

Lovely. I have been wanting to play with blue backgrounds myself.

2 Likes

Really nice composition of the elements there, the legend and compass rose. The Cedar is a great choice!

4 Likes

The 2nd photo is an interesting optical illusion. [whoops, my brain just put it right…ok, got it again]. the NW body is clearly shallower than waters to the east. Due to the relative values, the NW body appears higher than the land; a frozen blue glacier? Following the water south, you plunge into a canyon as the depth increases. Visually obvious that the land is higher, since it has a lighter value than the narrow water. Then the water undulates as it flows SE.

I’m sure it’s all due to lighting and camera angle, effect is really cool.

5 Likes

Gorgeous with the cedar and I bet it smells great too.

4 Likes

Impressive

2 Likes

Yes, I’m a fan of the cedar as well.

5 Likes

This is really nice!

4 Likes

Impressive, the blue really pops and your choice of detail for the engravings is perfect! Your new neighbours will love it!

4 Likes

Congratulations @pubultrastar. Superb as always.
Maps always make great gifts.

4 Likes

WOnderful! Nice looking map!

4 Likes

I always love these layered maps! I really need to make one.

Great job @pubultrastar !

3 Likes

Purty!

4 Likes

:exploding_head:

3 Likes

My mind works in mysterious ways. Seems odd, but it’s a great skill when you are trying to untangle a ball of yarn.

4 Likes

It really is a true pleasure to always see something you have created!!!

4 Likes

Very nice. We live close to the Tichigan Lake area. I must learn how to do this.

3 Likes

This looks SO beautiful. I’ve really wanted to make one of these for our home of where we live, or maybe my home town (a more aesthetically pleasing map), but am truthfully a touch nervous lol.
You’ve done great work here, friend!! :smiley:

2 Likes

What an amazing gift! They will certainly treasure it! It’s beautiful … the cedar is such a nice choice.

3 Likes

That is wonderful! I love it!

1 Like