Loco Ice Snow Cone Sign

So my nephews may be geniuses. They bought a snow cone machine and mini generator, and drive a boat out to a local sandbar at low tide on hot days where boaters congregate to party in the sun. They asked me if I could make them a sign for their mini business. Of course I support their entrepreneurial spirit by being the cool uncle with a laser. Glowforge, glitter acrylic, velcro, and a cutting board made quick work to make a functional sign with interchangeable flavor placards. They pull in a few hundred bucks on a hot day. Not a bad idea from a 12 year old.

46 Likes

Not only not bad…but amazing! What a great idea! Will be interesting to see what they come up with in the future.

(and nice sign!)

16 Likes

So clever of them!

Good job on the sign, great idea to be able to switch out the flavor list!!

15 Likes

Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Your nephews are going to go far.

15 Likes

Very clever indeed! Great sign! When kids see an opportunity and act on it it is really great!!

13 Likes

Great entepreneurial spirit, and great execution on the sign.
They can remove the flavors as they sell out, but more importantly they can change the price as the day gets hotter :rofl:

16 Likes

Looks better than the signs on the local “franchise” type snow cone shops around here.

12 Likes

Wow! Kudos to them for seeing the opportunity, and to you for giving them such an awesome sign!

10 Likes

I love this so much. I want to get this setup and a boat and do this from Kaneohe bay… I could probably charge 10 each and retire. Although there are rules about commercial beach activities here… hmm. Maybe I should just live vicariously through your nephew. I would love to see the boat/ setup.

13 Likes

There is a house at the end of the street that was featured in 1960ish National Geographic as a “typical” house in the area. I had lived in that house when I was 5.

7 Likes

Wonder if a boat afloat or at anchor would count as a “beach activity?” :thinking:

6 Likes

This is an outstanding idea. When we had our lake house, snow cones were the #1 hit of the kids that came to our pool each day and fortunately cost next to nothing to make.

12 Likes

The sign is amazing as are your nephews!! Kudos to them :grinning:

7 Likes

You are an awesome uncle. I love the sign. The interchangeable placards are a great idea.

6 Likes

Ditto what everyone else said! The sign is spectacular, and the glitter acrylic really makes it stand out. Your nephews are amazing kids. Hope there is an adult nearby who can make sure they don’t get robbed. Sorry, I’m just not a trusting person, and would be worried about them being alone with all that money. But I am super impressed with them and with your sign! This will definitely make an impact on them, and a summer they won’t forget!

6 Likes