Logitech M570 mouse stand

So after finally receiving my Glowforge my friend came to me with a project idea. He recently had Carpal Tunnel surgery and needed a mouse stand to relieve the pressure on his wrist while using his mouse all day at work. He couldn’t find one with enough angle to his liking. He also didn’t want to spent the money on a new fancy mouse so I made this up for him in about 30 mins. Worked so well I made myself one. So far we are both enjoying using it.

7p

24 Likes

Brilliant idea! I think you’ve got a winner there.

1 Like

That is awesome! (Does a good job on relieving the pressure? Might have to look into one of those mice. Mouses? Meese?) :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! If you do a bunch of mouse/mice/messe work :crazy_face: I would highly recommend getting one of these. They take a bit to get used to but it’s worth it. Saves you from moving the wrist all day long.

1 Like

Trackball. I use these exclusively and have never had wrist issues (despite using a computer for 12-16 hours a day, 7 days/week, for about 25 years). They can take a lot of getting used to, but once you get used to them, they are far superior to regular mice (except they do need to be cleaned like old ball-mice).

There are versions where you manipulate the trackball with your thumb, and versions where you use index or middle fingers.

1 Like

I believe the term is mousen.

2 Likes

This is exactly the kind of innovation that makes me love the maker movement so much. Very well done sir!

2 Likes