Look at my backhoe bucket!

Hi Gang, I am newish on glwoforge community and I have already benefited tones for all the How to on here and everyone’s great willingness to help other makers. I wanted to show you what I have made… Fun fun… Its for my husbands bananas (ha ha) Its made from 1/8 baltic birch. I make stuff and then sell it but I also sell the patterns on Etsy and my site (not sure if I can post website but I will find out soon enough if I am not supposed to! www.sofsdesigns.com)
Anyway, thank you and keep making great stuff!

31 Likes

I’m personally glad you posted the link to your site, I think it’s really cool to see how people are marketing stuff, and it’s completely relevant to the discussion here.

8 Likes

That’s beautifully done - when do we get to see the rest of the backhoe? <.joke> :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I love everything here: https://www.sofsdesigns.com/store/c10/digital-dowload-papercraft.html

I have a workmate who adores flamingos…that wall hanging may just have to show up in her cubicle :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Nice! I’m sure he’ll love it.
(My first engineering job was at Caterpillar & helped with a few projects for carbide coatings for “ground engaging tools”–replaceable bucket teeth & such).

And glad you have & shared your shop! I don’t have as much time for designing as I’d like, so always thrilled when others have something available that suits my needs!

4 Likes

I love your stuff. Super site. All the best in your endeavors.

3 Likes

Very Cool! I really like the things you are doing on your site. Really imaginative stuff!

1 Like

Yes me too. I love to see what, where and how other makers also produce their stuff. Thanks

1 Like

humm…good idea!:heart_eyes:

yes! that’s what I figure…I actuallly left my job to make stuff full time so I like to help out other designers and makers that have less time plus I need to make some $ to pay for my new lifestyle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragment. As mentionned in another reply I left my real job for a maker life’s so I am making lots of stuff!:crazy_face:

1 Like

Can fully empathize–I cut the “safety net” over 3 years ago, and so much happier being a “starving artist”–every year do a bit better, and I still am pretty lazy on the marketing side of things… :blush:

2 Likes

Very interesting! I suppose “the rest of the backhoe” is a first impression, but looking at all your folded paper patterns, I can imagine some really amazing sculpted designs ever larger of ever smaller parts. Once you have the secrets, it would be amazing where you could go with it!

2 Likes

Too cool!

1 Like

I’m sure he got a kick out of it! Nice job!

I also enjoyed seeing your shop.

2 Likes

Great shop! Nice bucket, should hold bananas nicely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think we need to see it in action! I.e., holding bananas. :laughing:

2 Likes

The bucket is a lot of fun. The paper work on your site is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

thanks! keeps me busy and happy