Looking for help: modified ear savers... aka - inkscape is... migraine inducing

Howdy everyone, I’m hoping this is an easy ask… it was not an easy thing for me to try… so after 3hrs of fighting with editors I am reaching out for help.

A good friend of ours is a nurse and we made ear savers for him and their co-workers which they loved, however, the our friend has a huge head and the standard ear saver is uncomfortable or even ripping the loops off his disposable masks… he asked if I could make him some with maybe 2 or 3 additional mask loops to see if that would work better for him… I was able to achieve this in gimp, but I could not get it back into a usable format (I had to put a background in and removing the background deteriorated the line quality.

I would love to learn how to do this, but at this point, its more important that I get our friend tools to make his day to day life a bit more comfortable at work, so I’m hoping someone here can help out a bit.

Thanks!

2 Likes

longer ear saver

Do you need more?

Inscape on a single using the cut and the union booleans.

seven looplonger ear saver

Here is a seven loop

8 Likes

As a person with a slightly larger head, you might also want to try the half-savers. Somewhere, there is a sheet of earsavers and every other line you only get half a “saver” at each end. But they added a hole where the “center” would be. I just add a piece of elastic between 2 of those and viola. Earsavers of any size I need, and flexible and 1000 times more comfortable. I even thought about trying to design an entire sheet of the half ones, but I’m a teacher…who has time?

6 Likes

earsaver1

This is one I did with 20% flexis

6 Likes

Thank you! That is what I was trying to do last night, but I never got those features to actually do anything when I selected the modified pieces.

1 Like

Had not seen those, thats a pretty brilliant idea. Thanks (and I see someone posted that design below too!)

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll make them a one of each and see what they like best. Appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Just as an update, this turned out to be too fragile (not really surprised, it was crazy long once cut) but they are definitely excited about the halfsies that @rbtdanforth enlightened us to.

Thank you both again, we’ve since passed out about 40 ear savers to medical employees :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.