Looking for laserable pocket knives supply

Does anyone know where I can get pocket knives with wooden sides that I can engrave? I’m looking to make some gifts for my children’s scout leaders.

I see some pre-engraved ones on Etsy, but I want blank ones.

Thanks.

Unless you want to order bulk, I’d just search Amazon. Here are a couple I like that should work under a :glowforge: :

EDC Pocket Knife with Clip, 8Cr13MoV Half-serrated Stainless Steel Blade, Zebra Wood Handle

8" ELK RIDGE Wood Hunting SPRING ASSISTED OPEN Gentleman Folding POCKET KNIFE

Victorinox Swiss Army Spartan Pocket Knife, Hardwood

EDC and Tactical Pocket Knife Spring Assisted Stainless Steel Blade with Wooden Handle

6 Likes

Try this…

4 Likes

If you see something you like on Etsy for the right price, just contact the seller and ask if they will sell without engraving. I’ve done this and always found they were more than happy to oblige. (less work for them!). I would not expect any discount however.

2 Likes

I have had occasions to get stuff from these folk (I think) many years ago. Perhaps a rabbit hole @Jules might even visit in person and report back on. Anyone looking to do custom knives and sheaths without being a blacksmith could do worse than this place.
https://www.texasknife.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=3141

1 Like

Putting together a kit that they could make their own knives (with special engraved handles included), might not be the best thing for some but for Scout Leaders?

1 Like

We’re familiar with them. They’re phenomenal, but a little steep price-wise for this. (We’ve bought many for prizes at functions though. Hugely popular down here.) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Note that rosewood is dangerous to work - it is an irritant and is toxic to some individuals. Woodworkers use skin and air protection when working it at all times.

1 Like

FYI, I ended up buying a couple of the knives from the links I had above, because of this thread,. So I thought I’d at least post a couple pictures of the testing results. For the first one I relied on the recalibration working, but I think once the crumb tray was out that messed up the alignment. So, b logo as isn’t centered at the way that I wanted it to be but the engravings look great. These are for a brother-in-law who is a firefighter and this is their logo.

7 Likes

Those look awesome!

1 Like

Try AliExpress or Alibaba. Like the amazon of China and the rest of the world. Shipping takes time and can cost a lot. But a lot of things I see for sale, I check amazon, then check AliExpress. Usually cheaper. But the shipping can take a month or two.

The Vickay looks nice. The Mossy Oak looks a little dull. Thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.