Loud Vibration Noise / Buzzing

Hi there,

Am I the only one here ?
I guess no as I’ve seen some other people complaining about the same thing.

What should I do?

Thanks,

R

1 Like

There have been been a few posts in the last year and a half about some vibrations that seem to be associated with the exhaust fan. Here are some possibilities:

1. Some type of material has been drawn into the fan blades and is stuck or flutters or has messed up the blades.
  2. There is something wrong with the case near the fan that makes it loose and resonates during operations.
  3. There is something in the surface or in the vent hose that the Glowforge is on that resonates.

Stuff stuck in the fan seems to be the most common culprit.

2 Likes

I Did have a look at it as I was making the noise and once it speeded up, would stop, but now seems to be louder and louder.

I do clean my machine once a week, every Saturday.

Finishing a project now and started with this noise! :confused:

Hopefully something easy fix!

Will have another look into the fan/case corner.

Thanks anyway…

1 Like

Check out this cleaning system …

It digs deeply into cleaning the fan where it is making the noise. The fan spins very fast and it does not take much to throw it off balance and make that sound.

To be honest, with my machine still under warranty, I don’t think I will take the risk of doing it and loosing my warranty! :slight_smile:
But thanks anyway!

I hope that’s the only issue with it but I don’t think it’s only because it’s dirty. I might be wrong !

Will wait and see what the GF team says about it!

Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out and providing the videos. I have a method you can use to clean the fan and I’ll follow up with you via email to sort out the details.

2 Likes