Love the 3D look

I love the 3D look I achieved from the patterns I purchase from https://www.etsy.com/shop/805LaserSpot. I have purchased several and always get great reviews from others who have seen the results. I use scrap wood that I get from mills in the area. Here you can see the difference the type of wood makes.

Uploading: eagle 2.jpg…

39 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
I agree that his files are really nice.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It is amazing how different species of wood can make an engrave look so different. I also am in awe of 805 Laser spot designs.

4 Likes

Me too. I wish I could afford all of them!!!

3 Likes

I love their designs also. Seems I always have a couple in my Etsy cart! I have to be careful not to spend too much and be design poor!

6 Likes

These turned out beautiful. I too have used their files and always have great luck!

5 Likes

you inspired me to try on of their designs. I like. looks way more 3-d than it really is.

3 Likes

I’ve used several of Mike’s files…he’s a good guy…many conversations had!:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Welcome, great to have you here!

3 Likes

Wow! Very nice!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and showing us how different woods affect the same design. Very nice work.

3 Likes

I think they both look great is the first one basswood? That really engraves well. But I prefer the second one. The darker color gives it a greater sense of gravitas befitting the topic. And I love the interesting grain.

3 Likes

I bought one yesterday. I shrunk it down to make it bookmark/ornament size, but it still looks good.

6 Likes

Wow, that is a very powerful statement.

2 Likes

Great job, I Like both of them. It also inspired me to try “All Gave Some, Some Gave All” design from 805 Laser Spot’s designs. The design was engraved on birch plywood then stained, rubbed with steel wool, painted black then sanded and sealed. to give it that WW1 ink stamped weathered crate look. Going to hang it up in the shop with a rusty bent nail, so it looks like its been there for a hundred years.

8 Likes