Luggage tag: sewing wood to leather

I made this practical little tag out of scrap leather and proofgrade maple hardwood. I had some issues getting the right cut settings for the leather and realized that the lenses and lasery-bits needed to be cleaned. After a little light housekeeping, everything cut like a charm… mostly.!

luggagetag2

56 Likes

It didn’t attach a photo.

oops! Photo coming

2 Likes

Turned out very nice!!

1 Like

Nicely done. I had thought of several projects that involve wood and leather together but had not gotten there. Glad to see it works well.

2 Likes

Really enjoy this! The font adds that little touch of modern!

1 Like

I love this tag! It’s giving me purse ideas. (Oh, and don’t forget to weed the tiny bits!)

4 Likes

Oh how unusual! What a great idea to combine materials! :grinning:

2 Likes

I love this concept! well done

1 Like

That looks fantastic!

1 Like

Very Cool. If you leave Portland, you’ll have to make a new one.

1 Like

I love this! Do you sell your patterns?

I like that wood/leather look. Great job.

1 Like

Can you share your files? I love this!

(friendly reminder) Forum rules prohibit asking for someones files. If they wish to share them they will post them in the “Free Files” section or if they have them for sale they can post a link but asking is discouraged.

2 Likes

Very nice and chic.

A few years back, I was watching a travel tips YouTube video. One of the tips was about exposed luggage tag identification. Never have it exposed because in today’s times one can easily locate an address and possibly your home will be broken into while you are out of town.

1 Like

You can always use your office address or even the local PD as the address. That way you still get your stuff back but aren’t exposed to folks looking to do you harm.

2 Likes

thanks

I should have specified sharing a link to purchase your file.