Luggage Tag

That’s great, and thanks for offering to share the file. But I am afraid there would be someone named Zamora trying to claim my bag at the airport baggage claim

3 Likes

Haha, that would be bad, but it would just be the outline :grinning:

1 Like

I said “Gamora… with a G ! That’s NOT my bag!”

4 Likes

A very nice tag … Leather and the brush font … Very nice!

2 Likes

Isn’t Zamora in western Hyboria??

1 Like

If you give everyone the pattern then next time you’re at the airport everyone will have “Zamora” tags and you will be back to square one, not being able to ID your luggage. :smiley: I love the font and design, BTW.

5 Likes

I personally don’t know, but you have me intrigued.

1 Like

Looks hand-painted… with very impressive handwriting! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Very nice! Do you mind sharing the GF settings that you used please?

1 Like

Per forum rules, non-PG settings can only be discussed in Beyond the Manual. If you do a search over there for “leather settings,” though, you should find some settings to get you started. :slight_smile:

Thanks, but like @geek2nurse has said, I can’t discuss those settings here. If you’d like I can make a post on Beyond the manual in regards to what settings I used.

If you still have this SVG I love to try it. I’m new to the glowforge world and I eager to try knew things.

1 Like

It’s against forum rules to ask for other peoples designs.

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

@lisayoungblood71 gets a pass in this case, because the OP offered the design if anyone should want it. :blush:

3 Likes

I apologize. And thank you. He did offer. I’m just trying to get acquainted with my new machine.

2 Likes

No worries - this has come up in the past because people shared pictures of what they had made and were bombarded with requests. (But take a look at the Free Laser Designs category for all sorts of things folks have designed and shared with the community. One of my personal favorites is a “blast gate” to cut off the outside air, etc. from the forge when not in use.)

My biggest suggestion is to do what you are already doing - reading and learning from the Forum. I do believe you will find that, in addition to the great product that the Glowforge is, one of the things that really makes is special is the community of support that originally grew out of the folks who pre-ordered waiting for their machines.

Welcome to that community!

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I apologize for my late reply. I will posts it right here and so no one else freaks out, I did say, if you are interested, then I would gladly post the design. Although @eflyguy is right. Happy Holidays everyone!
Leather Luggage Tag

By the way, I used Medium Rapid Rivets 1273-14 from Tandy Leather. Good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you, sorry for all the confusion.