Luggage

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, mainly because I’ve been off learning new things. (Best part of the whole deal!) :wink:

And then I had to clean the machine…took a while to do it right . :smile:

Anyway…back to the post…I ran up this little lined makeup case using the Living Hinge tutorial that @Secret_Sauce posted for Fusion 360 a few weeks ago - it’s a great way to handle hinge calculations, so many thanks Jason! If you guys haven’t seen it yet go check it out, it’s linked in the Matrix… the Webinar series Part 4.

And because I don’t generally do a lot of things in color, I decided to dress this one up like a retro suitcase with a few travel stickers, just for fun.

Because who wouldn’t like to put luggage in their luggage? :blush:

Dyed leather, felt lining, magnetic closures and PG Maple and WalnutPly. (Also looks okay without the stickers…might make an unusual dopp kit.) :slightly_smiling_face:
Makeup%20Case%204

96 Likes

I’ve been considering new material mixes, you nailed this combination. Really good work.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s fun to mix it up a bit. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awesome!! You really :rabbit: it!

2 Likes

:rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit:

1 Like

As a side note…

11 Likes

You’re clearly on the case with this one. The whole project is 5 stars! And it has magnet clasps as well?!

Glad to see it not too late for bunnies :rabbit::rabbit2::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit2::rabbit::rabbit2::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit2::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit2::rabbit2::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit2::hatched_chick::baby_chick::hatching_chick::rabbit2::rabbit::hatching_chick::rabbit2::hatching_chick::baby_chick::rabbit::rabbit2::egg::egg:

3 Likes

Wow! Still continuing to amaze with these projects!!! New meaning to the term “Get a Grip” :grinning: What are the actual dimensions? Is the leather actually stitched or are those faux stiches?
carry-on

3 Likes

That looks great (with or without the stickers) just one question, how big is the case?
Oh and since it’s Easter Monday and a holiday here in Austria: :rabbit::hatched_chick::hatching_chick:

2 Likes

Oh @jules, this is amazing! It’s so perfect I can’t get an idea of the scale—is it about the size of a lunch box? I just love this combination of wood and leather, and the travel stickers put it over the top. Well done!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thanks gang! That one is smallish lunch box size, (8" x 5" x 3" deep). I did a smaller one by accident that would fit in your purse*, just haven’t assembled it yet.

*Well, it would fit in my purse, but then I could smuggle a small child in my purse. :smile:

(Love the artwork @rodrigobrionesm!) :wink:

7 Likes

That looks fabulous! I love the mix of materials.

Great work!

2 Likes

Wow! The leather wrapped around it is such a nice effect! I love the pop of color too…nice job!

2 Likes

That looks awesome! Where did you find those stickers? They really make it pop.

1 Like

I’ve got a supply of full sheet inkjet labels so I just printed them the sizes I wanted. (Lots of freebies available via internet.) :smile:

One thing…if you’re planning to use stickers, you’ll probably want to glue them down - the label adhesive doesn’t stick really well to the finish on the PG…they kept trying to peel up at the corners. (Didn’t want them on there permanently though, so it worked for my purposes.)

3 Likes

Zowie! So nice! Love the vintage stickers. Such a cool look. Congrats!

Ummmm wheres the official printed (minature) glowforge design luggage tag???
:wink:

11 Likes

Dang! Knew I was forgetting something! :smile:

5 Likes

Wow! It’s adorable!!!

1 Like