Lumosforge is here!

Oohh aaahh like this one with the tribal design etching…

1 Like

Still waiting for my son to create his…its like herding cats keeping him focused in the summer…lol well anytime really , but in the summer he keeps pointing out that school is out for summer…its time to relax… Punk…lol

5 Likes

Relax?? That’s what sleep and death are for!

4 Likes

I’m regrettably not a fan of fidget spinners and wish they’d die in the hellfire they came from, but cosmetically those are very nice. :smiley: Much nicer than just plain hunks of plastic.

16 Likes

Lol so, tell us how you really feel about them…
I have mixed feelings…for certain people, they are a godsend…but for the general population…yeah…big distracting mess…lol
My son happens to benefit with something in his hands, mouth or rocking in a chair…its a sensory thing…it distracts a part of his mind and helps him actually focus on task…way better than drugs imo…

8 Likes

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a teenager, when it was all fun and new and they gave you cool drugs like Ritalin. I didn’t like Ritalin, only was on it for a year and avoided medication for it. I used to find fidgeting helpful for distracting me when I was deeply in the zone. As I got older, I found myself fidgeting less.

I find that if I need a clear focused head, sensory overload is what does it for me. I sit in the shower. The water droplets in my skin are like hundreds of light ‘taps’ at a time. The static-like noise forces me to focus my internal dialogue as I work through a problem. It overrides that ‘internal fidget’ that’s distracting me.

If it wasn’t such a colossal waste of water, I’d love to spend a few hours a day in it while doing mental labour. If I could afford one, I’d get an Aqua Massage bed and mount a keyboard/monitor in front of it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

i’m similar.

they’re expensive, but there are showers you can buy that recycle and filter the water, now. sensors check the quality and if you dump a load of dirt in, bypass the filter and drain it until the water is cleanish again, then go back to recycling it.

4 Likes

like smartphones :smile:

5 Likes

and fingernails… what, nobody else snaps their fingernails back and forth over each other?

2 Likes

Guilty, as well as taps foot, bounces leg grinds teeth… sounds like Native American names :thinking:

4 Likes

Just an update on the exhaust duct ‘pinholes’. I have replaced the duct with a semi-rigid and have that working well. With the old duct removed, I filled it with water an did not notice any leaks from the spots that were letting light in. The polyester layers are in fact keeping the tube air tight. I edited my previous post so that no one else has the same fears.

6 Likes

Starting to prep for a HP themed birthday party…

39 Likes

Everybody gets a golden snitch! :slight_smile:

It looks like a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Oh gosh, can’t wait to see the rest! Like, the wands!

4 Likes

I want a snitch! (Those are coolest!) :smile:

5 Likes

Nice! I’ve been dying to try burning lichtenberg type fractals on some wands with the Glowforge.

2 Likes

Thank goodness you put in pictures, because at first I thought “the printer company? Man that is going to be a boring party!”

15 Likes

My age is showing, I always think of them as the once awesome test equipment and calculators company.

6 Likes

Of course, I used RPN calculators in college since they were the “quality” calculators back then, and certainly used their electrical testing gear. Now basically they make printers, and a few computers (although in fairness I did recently purchase a server from them)

1 Like

My former profession is showing. I think of them as gas chromatographs, integrators, LCMS and NMR. Before they were Agilent.

2 Likes