Lumosforge is here!

Sorry, I should have made mention. That was the sample photo I was sent to work off of. Discussing finishes now. Perhaps faux rust or contrasting hardwoods.

3 Likes

How about covering the whole wooden piece with a big piece of soft metal like pewter sheet? Then you could do some antiquing finishes that would be awesome.

3 Likes

Ooh…that’s a lovely idea!

1 Like

I posted this faux rust sign I did up a while ago. The technique is pretty effective. This sign is more heavy handed than you’ll wan for the sewer cover but it is easy to do.

14 Likes

That is very convincing!

Not sure how you lined all the letters up but if you do a shallow etch it into the base layer and compensate for kerf, then you can press fit the raised text perfectly…like a puzzle

Looks pretty close to original in shape. :+1::smile:

3 Likes

Let me know when you all are sick of my postings. We are just having an awesome time and are still amazed how easy everything is.

My oldest is at it again…this time gifts for friends. Some smoked acrylic and two color.

44 Likes

Keep 'em rolling! You’re doing some inspiring stuff.

8 Likes

Keep cranking things out! :slight_smile:

For the water meter cover, I’m planning on doing some of these for myself:
https://ginagracedesigns.com/product/ggv-0103-nola-water-meter-svg-outline-file/
(I just found that download tonight searching for a link to show you)

And your daughter’s designs are amazing.

5 Likes

I’d say she has a marvelous future as a designer. I hope you’ve got her signed up for art classes!

3 Likes

Ummm hmmm let me think… Like never!! Love your creations!! These are fab!!

6 Likes

@rita and I just took a short break from a long meeting to scroll through this post. (We do that sometimes to keep our spirits up during long slogs of reviewing support content). So keep up the magnificent work. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

haha, i like the harry potter theme! the earrings are subtle.

1 Like

Good to know! I luckily have a window directly behind the spot for mine so I hope to have an almost straight run right out the back.

2 Likes

A gift for a friend and his daughter. Bearing press fit first try. Loving the accuracy of laser cutting!

34 Likes

Pretty spiffy looking!! :slightly_smiling_face::grin: are they different sizes…dad and daughter size? Wasn’t sure if it was just camera angle

1 Like

Very sharp! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, two sizes…

And another just for good measure!

24 Likes

Love this

1 Like

Oooh! Want one! :relaxed:

1 Like