M&M Catapult for Teaching Quadratics

That’s great! Thanks for sharing.
I tried to emphasize holding down the launcher to avoid it lifting off the ground.
The beans are a great idea! So much cheaper than M&Ms, and they’re much easier to clean if you step on them.

I’m in awe with how you’ve packed everything into such a tight space. I always struggle to minimize waste like this.

That is awesome!I wish you had been my teacher!

Thanks! The Deepnest app I referenced is a great tool for making things compact. It will even de-duplicate common cut lines to help prevent burning.

3 Likes

Quick Question? What thickness material is this cut from?

In the write up he said Home Depot 1/4" plywood

1 Like

I wish I could give you all the :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks, Must have missed that…

Have you thought about offing this design for sale? I made some for my son’s science teacher and now all his classmates want to buy one to make for their own. I would love to be able to offer it!

I like that idea, but I don’t think I want to go that route. I don’t have any problems with people taking the design and selling it.
I’m happy to hear that it was such a success!

1 Like

What kind of wood and how thick did you use? WE had trouble when we tried it on no proof grade material :<

It’s in the original post:

Our project used Home Depot 1/4" MDF. Nice and strong.

1 Like

Ah, sorry… did not see the question was directed to someone else.

I finally had a reason! I made one as a cat treat flinger for a secret santa gift :slight_smile:

The string at the back is to pull on the rubber band to get it on the arm. I figure that’s the part most likely to break!

8 Likes