MacBook Etching

Definitely a fan. Haha!!

1 Like

My two Macs. 99 power, 1000 speed, 225lpi.
I prefer the thinner lines on the MacBook, compared to the thicker ones on the pro.

17 Likes

Nice. How’d you make them white?

Sweet! I like the thinner lines too.

8 Likes

I etched my MacBook last night using a calculator (linked below) from another thread. I think it worked pretty well. It turned out a little pixelated, but I like it. I used 75 power, 1000 speed. Not sure what the LPI were.

IMG_0338

Tray Removed - Calculator - Updated?

8 Likes

Oh nice! Like the leaf motif! :grinning:

2 Likes

I moved off of this topic and it wasn’t until three threads later that it hit me that you were rhyming…:man_facepalming: leaf motif

I had to come back and comment just cause it took me THAT long to get why I thought your response was neat.

3 Likes

I’m just glad someone caught it! :wink:

1 Like

I laughed at it too. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My first cut - on a piece of an old MacBook. I’m pretty happy with it

6 Likes

I’m just getting a 404 on your link.

Just fixed the broken link

I’m trying to do a Macbook Air, so am I supposed to remove everything and make my own base so this will work? I tried one pass set to HD Engrave and nothing happened. just a few very light brown areas from the text I put there.

1 Like

Hello. Your best option for finding out more about doing that would be to do a search here on the forum. I just typed in “engraving macbook” and several posts came up. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Thanks, Im new to GF community. Just got my machine and there is so much i’d like to do.

2 Likes

Well, welcome to the forum. I think you’ll love it here. Looking forward to seeing your projects!

3 Likes

I etched on a chromebook, there was a bad smell, the chromebook warped slightly, and the oil from my fingers affected the etch but overall it looked pretty nice

5 Likes

:slight_smile: … we lost a knight, a few regiment of archers and thousands of peasants starved but it was a successful campaign overall.

I like how you think, and that looks better than pretty nice.

3 Likes

:grin: