Made on a Frankenforge

Deleted

6 Likes

I guess that’s better than Naked and Afraid. :smiley:

1 Like

Whoa. How did you miss that whole thread? lol It’s like the thesis project for a Glowforge practically. :rofl:

3 Likes

What can I say. Some people sleepwalk, I sleepread.:joy:

LOL I am a sleepwalker and sleeptalker. lol I’ve even had phone conversations with people in my sleep when I was younger. :rofl:

1 Like

When I was in high school, I worked summer season at six flags over mid-America. I used to work lots of double shifts on different rides for mo money. One of them was a riverboat (ala jungle cruise) ride and had to memorize a spiel. One night my mom heard me talking (LONG before cell phones) so she came into my room and I was sitting up in my bed, dead asleep, pitching my spiel. I have also given tutor lessons in Russian in my sleep. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

You don’t have a pure white background on the pattern engrave.

1 Like

Deleted

Once my roommate in college was at her boyfriend’s house on a Sunday morning. I was sleeping in and someone called for her. I answered the phone in my sleep and told them she was at church. :rofl: She actually got mad at me about that.

I have tons more stories, one of them especially embarrassing…not sure if I want to share here. :smiley:

1 Like

ISTR that way back in the dawn-times of this community, somebody had put in some work trying to build a rotary axis.

I can’t recall that it was successful,though

Yes, it was successful - Rotary Engraving a Yoyo on my Glowforge - #122 by taylor.a.jenkins

3 Likes

I am told that once at summer camp when I was a kid, I sang the entirety of Billy Joel’s Storm Front album, in order, while fast asleep.

I do not believe that I did the whole album, though.

2 Likes

Deleted

3 Likes

Would love to hear if/how/how well it works.

1 Like

Yup, remember it well. I’m not willing to cut holes in my GF to accommodate diameters of >2”, though, so no pub glasses for me.

3 Likes

On my projects, engraves that look like where I put red arrows turned out to be troublesome. The top layer of glass was cracked and hazed, but it would detach with rough handling. If you find that these engraves don’t give up glass particles when you scrape them, that would be cool.

What were the settings for the blue arrow? That frosted effect looks promising if it is durable.

Deleted

Yeah, it’s from this region.

Deleted

1 Like

Welcome!