Magical First Box

This is my first attempt at making a box. It isn’t perfect but I love it! I wanted to make something whimsical. The saying I changed from something I saw on the internet to fit the theme. Because I have no formal training on design I am watching tutorials online and trying to learn as much as I can. I don’t mind critic in fact I welcome it, as long as it is constructive. Thanks for everyone’s support to us newbies. I know everyone starts as a newbie, but for those who have been here a while and really know what you are doing, your advice is greatly appreciated.

image|375x500

40 Likes

Great first box!!! Love the engraving!

4 Likes

That’s a very cool layout for your artwork on the box. You are going to be pushing the machine limits with breakout designs soon. Pretty slick and impressive for your first box.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am really loving this machine. I see everyone else’s work and strive to learn more. I appreciate your kind responses!

That looks very smart

1 Like

I love the dragon fly engrave and the fact that the box is a tight fix. You have the right attitude and skill to make some amazing things. Please keep posting.

2 Likes

Very nice job on the box! Maple is my favorite for engraving—it gives such nice contrast.

1 Like

Very nice work! I know that finger joints were a big challenge for me, so I can appreciate your satisfaction when you finished this.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Very nice engraving on the box.

1 Like

It turned out great, and the engraving is really nice.

That thrill never goes away.

Thank you everyone! I really am loving my Glowforge.