Magnet

I have been asked to engrave a number of business cards on 1/8" baltic birch, I’d like to put magnets on the back, can the Glowforge cut thru magnet sheets?

Hmm you know someone brought this is a while ago. Not sure where that ended up. One sec.

Oh hmm actually there are a few threads you might want to read:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Magnet%20sheet

2 Likes

It made such a mess of metal dust stuck to the magnet which subsequently left rust on the fridge… I would’t do it again. My cricut cuts magnets better. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They Make Business card magnets with peel of sticky back. Just cut your cards the same size then peel and stick.
I found these on Amazon.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve done it and it is messy. And I seem to remember it threw up a lot of sparks while cutting. You do have to make sure there’s no PVC, some magnets have a plastic backing of some kind. While it’s a fun way to make magnets of a particular shape (I made a bunch of cats and dogs for family), if your project doesn’t require that it would be better to apply the magnets after cutting the rest of the project.

2 Likes

Thank you all for replying and the information. I will probably use a cricut to cut them then.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.