Magnetic 3 Part Earring Jewelry Box

Cut from Walnut Hardwood and Draftboard, I designed this jewelry box to hold a x-mas gift of earrings, as the box they came in wasn’t going to cut it. The box separates into 3 sections held together by magnets placed in between the layers so you don’t see them. Still have some clean up to do on the black paint, but overall, I’m happy how it turned out for a Friday night project. Originally, I was going to try and put a border around the outside using a living hinge, but ran out of time. I’ll add that to the next one. Hopefully she likes the box as well as the earrings. :wink:

***Updated Pictures

Bottom

52 Likes

That is super cool.

4 Likes

Good to see all the construction shots

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous! You could still cover the edges with veneer, if you can get it to follow the curve (maybe with a little steaming?).

2 Likes

Looks good. Sounds like it has the added bonus of being able to add layers, if you wanted to.

2 Likes

Great idea.

Like the Stanley cup? Just add more tiers!

2 Likes

Wow! Lovely final product!

I really enjoy seeing (and reading about) project construction. Thanks for taking the time to share the process.

2 Likes

Elegant and beautiful. The earrings are nice, too.

2 Likes

Great use of the zentangle! :grinning:

2 Likes

I had no idea what a Zentangle™ was, so I searched and found this. Woah! Patenting doodles? Hmmm.

4 Likes

Gorgeous box & great design with the hidden magnets! It’s a wonderful way to present earrings, or anything!

2 Likes

What a wonderful gift! Lovely! Was just telling my husband yesterday that I need to get some magnets to use for box lids.

2 Likes

So pretty.

That is gorgeous! nice work!

Cool idea and good execution!

This is stunning, and inspiring! I think I’ll make something of my own with magnets now! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Is there an SVG file somewhere for this?

Welcome to the forum.
When designers choose to share their files, they post in them in the Free Laser Design section of the forum. the Made on a Glowforge section is for sharing work, techniques, methods, etc. There is no file for this design, but if you click on the avatar of the original post there may be a link to their store or webpage if they have one.

One last thing - it is against forum rules to ask for files for the reasons mentioned in here: FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

2 Likes