✉ Mail: wall-mounted caddy / organizer

This is something that my wife had requested to allow us to get a better handle on our snail mail which piles up in a box on the table at our doorway.

I had a day off and I got to work on this… I’d like to say that I knocked it out quickly, but with all of the revisions it took most of the day. But it was a fun learning process.

Modify it as needed, but if you make it post a picture!

I used 1/8 inch maple plywood from Plywood Hawaii.

letter holder7.svg.zip (89.9 KB)

36 Likes

Beautiful piece, but I keep getting sidetracked by what a beautiful view you have.

7 Likes

Us too!

3 Likes

Now that looks really useful. Thanks!

3 Likes

Always enjoy seeing useful pieces being made. Thanks for sharing this file.

1 Like

It’s very nice! I have to work this weekend (boohoo!), but want to make one myself, maybe adding a sorter for “outgoing”…thank you for sharing your design, and for spending the day getting the bugs out!

3 Likes

Thank you! Beautiful work and we need this in our house also!

2 Likes

That is awesome! I really like the design. I need about 6 boxes the last one with a hole in the bottom over a trash can!

3 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea, a pass-through slot right into the shredder. Since it took me so long to throw this together, I didn’t consider making it glue free! That is the next level. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

HAHAHA I think I am going to create a piece that needs glue soon.

1 Like

A great addition for any home!! Thank you!

3 Likes

Nice design. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: it was fun to figure out. Many revisions and a mess of scraps. Used the scraps for the car assembly.

3 Likes