Make a simple Puzzle in Less Than 15mins in Illustrator

Here is a simple way to make a puzzle using the Transform Tool in Illustrator. Pretty fast and has great results.

Happy Sunday Funday Everyone!

25 Likes

Oh, I’ll definitely try it! I really enjoy your training videos—you have such a soothing voice. :smile:

3 Likes

Great job! :grinning:

2 Likes

HAHA! I hate how I sound on video. I think most people have the same reaction to their own voice.

2 Likes

Thanks! Pretty easy to use the Illustrator tools do stuff fast.

1 Like

Thank you for the education Victor. :sunglasses:
Since it was free, I dove into learning Inkscape before I got the laser and can wield it moderately well. Little over a year ago I picked up an older copy of AI and am slowly learning it. Subbed to your channel. :+1:

Edit; The score trick is cool. I’ve done it with a saw, but it haddn’t occurred to me to use the technique with the laser. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome! I downloaded a copy of Inkscape and tried using it for a bit, but I just found that the things I knew how to do were so much faster for me in AI. If you need help or have questions, just let me know! Always glad to help!

2 Likes

Yeah, I used it so many times on my table saw and was like…“Victor, you’re a dummy, you can do the same thing with the GF!” LOL

1 Like

Same thing, what made me feel foolish is when you showed us the bowl and said you were doing a video on how to bend without steam or heat, I couldn’t fathom how - even though I knew for years how to introduce flex by removing material

2 Likes

Yeah, I was actually surprised no one figured it out. I felt kinda weird when I had to just say, “score”. I felt as if some thought it might be magic. :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Another great learning session, Victor!

1 Like

Thank you! Trying to come up with new ways of teaching techniques.

1 Like

Humans have this great ability to know a thing, but not be able to transfer that knowledge to another situation. It must have been a revelation for someone to figure out that 2 birds, 2 trees, two stones, and two sticks have anything in common.

That’s why this community is so great: we share our discoveries.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much, now to figure out how to add a photo to the whole thing :crazy_face:

1 Like

Are you going to engrave the photo or glue an actual photo on the board before cutting?

2 Likes

The plan is to engrave one. I got so excited making this puzzle that I engraved names on it instead. Once I learn the way to add the photo I will be making a new one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make the engrave then put the lines over it. Make the lines a different color. They will separate out when in GF, but making them a different color helps you to see where the cuts will be. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, will try soon :slight_smile:

1 Like