I keep scribbling little notes here and there for improvements and figured I might as well put them all in one place for my sanity, but I don’t want support just closing it and throwing it into the dungeon. Here’s my growing list of hopper items to make things snazzier up in here.
Feel free to add your own, critique mine, or ignore this altogether. I’ll probably organize them a bit later when I have more time.
DO THIS FIRST
- Fix the bug(s) that prevents large engravings.
App Home Page
- Sorting options for the designs I’ve uploaded
- Ability to favorite designs and keep them at the top or filter them somehow
- Mass select designs for easy multi uploads or deletions
- “Show more” sucks, just automatically load more designs as I scroll down, take my continued scrolling as an implied show more.
- Add simple geometric shapes to the interface to easily throw a cut square etc around something.
- Mass select and update settings for multiple layers at once
- Option to change color of lines in interface to improve visibility on certain materials
- Hovering over a line should highlight the corresponding layer in the interface
- When I select a layer the first text input box should automatically be activated
- Hold alt and drag in the interface to duplicate what I have selected
- Ability to save non-proofgrade settings
- Hover states for all interface buttons to show hotkeys
- Print from the web interface (I imagine forcing me to hit the button is a safety thing, but having to walk back and forth sucks when everything is setup and I just want to print)
Save entire projects (layers, where they are, settings used, so you just throw material in and hit print)
- Make the camera trustworthy. Perhaps the easiest fix here would be an option to run the print with the red laser on and no actual cutting/engraving. This would let you use the camera to eyeball it, then use the red test run to perfect it.
- Work with fonts so I don’t have to create outlines to print them.
- Create specific colors that correspond to machine settings, allowing designs to include settings in them. For example, make a square filled with #457291 and the GF knows that’s 100% speed, 50% power, or whatever.
- Ability to name various layers in the application for complex files. People seem to handle this by using different files for different materials, but I tend to put it all in one file, so being able to name those groups somehow would be useful.
- Show me the current temp in the interface as it gets closer to too hot so I can adjust or plan for it.
- Add a counter that shows how many hours i’ve printed for, include a warning when a lens cleaning should be done.
- Push the button again to reprint the last print