Make your own Proofgrade

Okay, one more time, no one is mad at you.

If you truly don’t get why it is ill advised to say things like “make your own Micky mouse” or “make your own Bigmack” then there is nothing more any of use can say to help. Sorry to have tried to help.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re probably right.

So, if you draw Mickey that is bad too? I mean, that’s how he began. It’s just ridiculous that people jump into this over nothing. I mean…no…nevermind. Just don’t throw rocks in your glass house.

Okay, I’m just going to back out of the room slowly as it seems as if you are now being intentionally obtuse.

At least 10 times in this thread, not about what you make, about using someone else’s trademark.

Take my knife sharpener for instance. You can make your own and it could be pretty darn close to mine and I’d say nothing. Call it a B# and I’ll come at you like a rabid spider monkey.
Why do I even try? You are just going to find a way to misconstrue this as well. Well, at least I gave it the ol Boyscout™ try.

8 Likes

Claiming you are making PG — which you are not and which you can’t — is an intentional misuse of the term and an intentional misleading statement. No matter how obtuse you pretend to be, calling some material you made Proofgrade is an intentional falsehood (see topic title). Just as much a falsehood as if you made your own shoes and called them Nike Air…

Thus endeth the sermon on veracity and truth-telling. Wish you the best of luck with your GF and whatever material you decide to make and use…

6 Likes

If you can’t get past the title with what was posted below it, then maybe you should just stop reading titles all together. Read above post for the rest of my comment.

To help you understand why that term can be offensive, please realize that it originated in reference to the mass suicide of a religious cult.

Are you really telling us that we’re drinking poison?

Perhaps a step back is in order for everyone. Let’s all get a good night’s sleep.

3 Likes

Oh my

12 Likes

If you only knew the half of it.:roll_eyes: Don’t even waste your time reading it. It’s rediculous at this point. Mind boggling.

Done, I’m betting you will not follow suit.

BTW, I’m kinda impressed at your tenaciousness to find the one image that was not my own. You are still totally missing the point but thanx for keeping me honest. It looks better with my own stuff anyway.

See how easy that is? No, I guess you don’t.

6 Likes

Follow suit? I did nothing wrong. Get over yourself. Keeping you honest? You got called out. Otherwise it would still be there.

Nope. Nothing better than crusading for the truth, and no matter how you obfuscate, it is still not true. And by the way – you are wrong. PG does not get its consistent results from the commonality of materials used to create it. It gets it from the consistency of the materials to create it. A lot of time goes into that – to be sure that each piece of PG gives consistent and repeatable results time after time.

Read the forum --your Baltic Birch wherever you are will not be of a consistent nature necessarily with mine where I am, You MDF won’t be the same as mine. Your transfer paper will not necessarily be the same as mine. Etc, Etc. So, your theory about PG settings working for it will not be consistent either. That it has worked for you so far – great. Very glad for you. Hooray.

PG’s value is in its consistent quality and in its consistent laser-ability. Not in its ease of creation.

BTW – doesn’t vinyl, when lasered, release chlorine gas? As I understand it, that is a very bad no-no thing for both lasers and living creatures.

4 Likes

Really? Read the original post again. I know I’m wasting my time dealing with you guys, but the more you guys talk, the further away from the real post and it’s intention you all get. It didn’t even talk about MDF in the beginning. Nor the settings. For the love of God guys. Get over yourselves.

I hate to defend him as well, but when someone says vinyl transfer tape they mean a product developed for doing vinyl transfers and contains no vinyl.

4 Likes

The one where I remarked that I found your comment offensive, but that I wasn’t going to hold it against you? Then put your title back the way you had it? That one?

Okay.

2 Likes

No, the one you mentioned legal ramifications and changed the title on your own.

@Jules do not strain yourself, it’s not worth it. Rest and get better soon.

@markevans36301 the same to you man (not the get better part) :wink:

6 Likes

You got offended after that. No one brought up legal anything until you chimed in with it. It was a non-issue until then because no one else was reading it that way.

My mistake, and I put it back. You don’t need to worry about it ever happening again.

3 Likes