Makerfaire Bay Area (2017) | Life in the Zone (2)

Gcode.

M03 S10000 = Laser On. Max Power (the extra 0 is a joke)

G2 X2Y0R3.14 = Counter clockwise move by moving X 2" then moving radially 3.14. (Pi)

Edit: On the 3rd day when I was wearing the PEW PEW shirt the Tormach guys (and gal) all lol’d and said they loved the gcode.

Fun fact. I was originally going to make a ‘There is no place like G28’ shirt.

22 Likes

G28 is where the :heart: is.

8 Likes

Great write up! What a fun time. The folks who had drawings printed at your booth were over the moon with their prints. What a treat to see kids of all ages with big grins as they weeded them. Being in the booth was a blast! Thanks!

9 Likes

Sounds like great fun @karaelena ! Would love to have been there.

What kind of problems did you experience the first few days?

1 Like

I spent all Friday and Saturday there and the only Glowforges I found were at the GF booth.

Overall, Maker Faire seemed smaller and less interesting than previous years. Considering not going next time.

I work in firearms mfg with a lot of machinists. I could see that on a button being quite popular. Ha!

1 Like

Huh? There were quite a few (see many posts/map of GF containing booths/pictures)…

2 Likes

There were two other Glowforges <25ft from the main booth. Then another about <20ft from that one and one more <15ft from that.

2 Likes

Here was the location of the forges that were in the same building. Kallisti was in a different zone. Sorry we missed you!

7 Likes

I wasn’t trying to imply they weren’t there :slight_smile: Maybe not set up early Friday, which is when I think we hit that area? Or I’ll just blame it on the group of friends that I was with, it’s a bit chaotic to try to simultaneously follow people around and see everything you want to.

4 Likes

More Pics.

29 Likes

I’m assuming that Megabot is the delivery vehicles for the Glowforge.

12 Likes

Or maybe the customer complaint bot that gets sent to GFHQ if Pros are shipped later than July 31.

5 Likes

Soooo cool !!

While it is super cool, it is super slow. It’s the threat equivalent of the steamroller scene in A Fish Called Wanda.

1 Like

Well that’s not much of a threat then.

Great movie, by the way.

Or the Zamboni scene in Deadpool :slight_smile:

Or Austin Powers

1 Like