MakerFaire convert - Excited to join the community!

Wanted to say hi to everybody!

I had a great time going to the Glowforge booth at Maker Faire this past weekend. I’d been on the hunt for a new way to laser my prop/costume hobby projects since Techshop shut down in November, and was happy to see a crowd form around a machine etching folks’ iPhones. A guy named Dan answered my questions quickly and confidently; I found out later he’s kind of a big deal around here :slight_smile:

There was a huge buzz about maker tools around the hall - Glowforge, Dremel, Epilog, and about a dozen 3D printing operations. Well, I went home with a stack of brochures and did my homework researching. End result: hit ‘buy now’ on a Glowforge Basic this afternoon.

Excited for my June 3rd delivery, and to be apart of this community!

-TMSquared

28 Likes

Chief factotum and general dogsbody…aka the CEO. (The entire group are such good sports it makes it fun to hang out around here.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the madhouse…you made a good choice. :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome to the club! :smile:

1 Like

Welcome, and yes you were quite lucky to get some time with dan. I went to the MFNY last fall and got far more time with him than I deserved. The man’s knowledge is both deep and broad making him very fun to talk with.

5 Likes

One of us! One of us! One of us!

5 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations on your purchase!

1 Like

Congratulations! Welcome to the monkey house.

1 Like

Welcome. There is so much info on this forum. Glad you went to BAMF. It is so exciting. Looking forward to seeing what you create!

1 Like

Welcome to the fold. Take some time to explore some of the tutorials. @Jules, @marmak3261, @markevans36301 were wonderful resources while I was waiting. Then we will teach you the secret handshake. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome! Tons of great info here, and plenty of friendly people to help answer your questions.

1 Like

You’ll love it. I just received mine and it works way better than it has any right to for the money. I still wonder how they sell this hardware for $2500… it’s crazy.