Makerfaire Madness! Inline Filter? No vent!

Is that like being close to the dog when you break wind and shift the blame. :rofl:

6 Likes

Great idea! Blame it on the blacksmith!

2 Likes

The coins Iā€™m doing are either basswood or something similar. Never smelled burning basswood just burning bass! :fire::fishing_pole_and_fish:

3 Likes

I had a thoughtā€¦itā€™s a makerfaireā€¦you canā€™t be the only one putting off ā€˜smellsā€™ā€¦right? (no thatā€™s not a hygiene jab)

7 Likes

smells galore

3 Likes

My first thought was those automatic air freshener things! Set it to release nice scents every 5-10 minutes hahahaha

3 Likes

HI Jonny_firebrand,
Make a box connect the hose on one end doesnā€™t have to be large and go to the pet store and get the filter pads they use on cat litter boxes. There are not that expensive and may just work okay (get the ones with charcoal). I would make the box long but just about the diameter of the pipe coming out of the glowforge. The forgeā€™s fan should be able to push through air. I would take extra so you could change them out. You may want to try it a head of time. You can also get hepa filters from box stores, but make sure to get the ones with charcoal as they help remove orders more readily than just the particle filters.
Have Fun -D
Edit you may want to put more than one in line inside the box.

1 Like

Ha Love it, I canā€™t wait to try eastern red cedar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Every other job, cut a tray of ā€œBacon Chuck Norrisā€ and balance the smells out :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help! I think Iā€™m gonna test out @jkopelā€™s idea with the chimney. I actually was just helping tear down a house this weekend and there was some 6" ductwork I snagged. Iā€™ll seal one side and cut a 4" hole to accept the exhaust from the :glowforge: and then place an inline fan up towards to top of the 5ā€™ stretch to draw and dissipate the smoke. Iā€™ll post pics after I get it together!

10 Likes