Making Koa earrings in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Our start to finish process making reclaimed Big Island Koa earrings

42 Likes

Very nice video! I hope you have that playing at your displays so that people can see it and realize just how much work goes into them.

12 Likes

Most people would never guess there are so many steps to a finished product. Nice work!

13 Likes

I love the ones with abalone! And the scoot scoot! :grin:

I agree, this video should be on a loop when you’re selling your products, people will have a better appreciation of your hard work!

11 Likes

Great video!

7 Likes

Lovely results, but that’s obviously why! Definitely third the “you should loop that video for display” and second the love of “scoot-scoots”! My cats would shred my foot if I tried it! :smile:

12 Likes

Maybe with a wooden frame around the iPad or device that you are playing the loop on with information about the process or just a “watch me”

11 Likes

Perhaps a slip and slide for the scoot-scoots? A lot of cats don’t like water but I did have a friend with a clumsy cat that would trip on her own feet and as they lived on a boat the cat would frequently fall in the water and the only way back was to swim underwater to the outboard motor well where it was just a short way up to the deck.

6 Likes

This is an inspiring video; thanks for posting.

6 Likes

It was wonderful to see your process, and I really enjoyed the chonky scoot-scoots!

5 Likes

I really enjoyed watching your video. Lots of prep work but the results were worth it.

3 Likes

Beautiful wood … and very nice video!

2 Likes

In a previous post, you told us where you get the abalone veneers. I ordered some but there is a black adhesive layer on the shell. How do you use the veneers. Are your earrings that use that veneer closed back? Do you engrave and then use the veneer as an inlay? can you please tell us the process for applying the shell veneers?

1 Like

Beautiful couple, awesome video and adorable kitty!!

Good question

Too bad this video can’t be mandatory before buying anything crafters make.

Good on y’all!

3 Likes