Mandala Tree of Life

I must say how impressed I am with how well the passthrough function works on the Glowforge Pro. I did not expect it to work so well when I tried making a multilayered mandala.
It was made in two halves, measuring 1000 x 700mm (39x27 inches).
Altogether 9 layers of veneered plywood.
Not only did the sections join almost flawlessly using the passthrough match, the left and right panels aligned spot on when joining them together to make one layer.
Overall I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I certainly learned a lot during this project but most of all, it was just super fun to make!

92 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
You have made an impressive entrance with this beautifully executed mandala. I look forward to seeing your other projects.

8 Likes

Much appreciated, thank you.

1 Like

Only one word comes to mind ( WOW )

3 Likes

I’m not usually a fan of mandalas, but this came out REALLY nice! I like that there’s more to the piece than just the mandala. My eyes are drawn to the honeycomb in the background. It’s a great design feature that makes the background pop a little. I would hang this on my wall!

(Given that it’s 9 layers and 39"x27", maybe I’d have 3 or 4 people help me hang this on my wall. :laughing:)

7 Likes

Wow, that is gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face:

Yeah, the weight ended up at about 18 pounds, so heavy duty hanging hardware was needed.
Time will tell if it holds! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

That’s actually lighter than I expected. I guess most of the layers are mostly air. :wink:

4 Likes

That is beautiful! Great job!

5 Likes

Wow, that looks excellent, good job GF on the pass through and good job you on your construction

5 Likes

Wow, that is one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen made with the GF! Welcome!

6 Likes

That is gorgeous! I can’t stop looking at it :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Stunning piece of design and execution. Thank you for showing us.

6 Likes

This is astoundingly beautiful work, @KansoArt ! I’m so glad you have shared it here. Please return often to share your creations!

6 Likes

That is quite an entrance! A beautiful piece!

5 Likes

Welcome!
I can’t stop looking at this. So intriguing

5 Likes

That’s quite a mandala, love the details.

5 Likes

That is beautiful. I can’t stop looking at it. I especially like the wood color too.

3 Likes

A beautiful art piece.

The pass through is certainly an awesome feature. You made wonderful use of it.

3 Likes

i love this! It’s beautiful.

1 Like