Mandala

John Brooker, I just let Glowforge decide, although I put the outline cutout last. It’s fascinating to watch. Can’t figure out how Glowforge solves the NP-complete “Traveling Salesman” problem for this, but I’d have to say that it does it well—and quickly.

2 Likes

I think this is taxing the minds of a lot of us.
I did suspect that having finished one cut, it then proceeded to the nearest ‘first node’ for a subsequent cut. But someone has noted somewhere that it does a different order for a repeat of the same project, so that rather knocks that out of court.
John :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Mandel(l)a:image

Mandala:

(Sorry… getting feisty on a lazy Sunday afternoon!)

16 Likes

:blush: Thanks @eflyguy for noticing! Fixed! Not the first—or last—time for that spelling error! Can’t trust them spell checkers. (I could claim I used voice entry, but that would be a lie. )
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey, all good. I grew up in SA, so the words are definitely meaningful…

(and, I’m not a dick, I promise…)

4 Likes

This post with @dan commenting on how Glowforge has handled this issue:

5 Likes

did you do that from a raster? or an SVG? wow! Just DAYUM!

Gorgeous! Thanks for the file.

2 Likes

That’s a really pretty one! I’m going to print one larger to use as a trivet!

TFS!
Martha

3 Likes

A gorgeous design. Looking at it is am thinking “What a cool tea lamp that would make!”

1 Like

Wow. Just…wow. I am so in love with this machine, and I am SO going to print one of these beauties THIS VERY MINUTE.

Thanks for sharing it!!!

2 Likes

Weeding was a pain, but SO worth it! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Can save some resources. It will depend on the thin runs.

Back when I was making that Eiffel tower I got to the point where the struts were as small as I could make them.
Anything smaller and they LOOKED ok, until you touched them and they turned into dust.

9 Likes

Thank you, this is something that will find its way to the forge.

2 Likes

The Mandala is something that absolutely needs very sticky duct tape to remove all the paper backing…

9 Likes

Thank you for the file! Can’t wait for some free time to give it a go!

2 Likes

must be missing something - I see the “file” but I’m unable to download it?..

Right click and choose Save Image As…SVG.

1 Like

thanks - had just figured it out :slight_smile: 1st time here ha! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you make these patterns or is there a place available to purchase them?